Your church app can be used for a lot these days. Including your team chat, your main form of communication, even your website! But the big question is how can you use your church app to retain guests that visit your church?
After helping churches around the world reach more than 2 million people we think we might have figured it out. But first, it’s important to understand WHY to use your app to retain guests.
Why use your Church App to retain visitors?
The church app is by far one of the most powerful methods of marketing and connection out there. You literally own a small piece of that persons life; their phone’s screen. Tech Crunch said that the app was the most valuable piece of real estate available.
When your app is on someones phone you have the power to share your message with them in a very intimate way. They can explore your church, your culture, even your beliefs anywhere, anytime, and in a way they’re comfortable.
You may say “why not just have a website?” Good question, but you’re missing the point. Websites take zero commitment to see, an app builds loyalty and habit, the two main drivers of consistent attendees.
An app builds loyalty and habit, two of the main drivers in consistent attendance.
Okay, so how do I get visitors to download my app?
Simple, you advertise it! People love downloading apps anywhere they go. Granted a lot get deleted, but the first step to leading someone to keep your app is for them to download it.
Here’s a few of the most effective ways to get people to download the app.
- Use a projector slide
- Add the app graphic and download icons to your bulletins
- Add a dedicated app promo card to your welcome gift
- Pitch the app every service and every event
How do I turn visitors into attendees using my app?
Remember, apps built habit and loyalty, but only if someone’s opening it. So you need to find creative ways to get users to open your app outside of just pushing your giving feature. People want to feel part of something, that’s why they open Facebook on average 16 times a day! Your app should make a visitor feel like they can be part of something bigger!
Here’s a few ways you can do that.
- Add a welcome page to the home folder of your app.
- Add a next steps section of the app.
- Send a direct push notification to your new guest thanking them for visiting
- (assuming you collected their email)
- Be consistent with your push notifications about events.
- Add a chat room for visitors to ask questions about the church.
- Add a reason to open the app daily: blog posts, new sermon, encouragement series, etc.
It’s important you build habit by encouraging them to open the app minimum every other day.
Those are just a few things you can do, getting creative is important. Your church app is such a powerful tool, so don’t waste it!